Operational Governance of the Company is supported by an independent and dedicated team under Group SBM Offshore’s core business activities and reports directly to SBM Offshore’s Management Board.and Operational Excellence, which encompasses key operational and assurance functions involved in
Such functions have a key role in ensuring a coordinated, consistent and controlled approach to core business over the full lifecycle i.e. Win, Execute and Operate phases, and across the Company’s locations, Fleet Operations and Product Lines through :
- Functional leadership within the corresponding communities (distributed across entities) and other functions
- Ownership and governance of internal systems and procedures, developed in response to known and anticipated risks in line with the strategic direction of the Company
- Maintenance of 3.8.1 , as introduced in section
- Maintenance of 3.8.2 , as introduced in section
- Management of improvement initiatives
- Coordination and harmonization of Company’s ways of working and internal standards
- Specific focus on the product lifecycle, notably based on a cross-functional gate process and internal arbitration if necessary
- A focused hazard and effects management process that builds on our experience in order to continuously improve the performance of our barriers such that the risk exposure is reduced to as low as reasonably practicable.
- An internal Incident Management Committee (connected in turn to the Risk Assurance Committee referred to in section 3.6.1) ensuring that lessons are effectively learned from incidents occurring during project execution and fleet operations
- Coordinated assurance activities focusing on risk management, compliance, effectiveness and business performance
- Coordinated assurance activities focusing on product conformity with applicable international and local regulations, rules, technical standards and other applicable requirements
- Involvement of independent third-parties as certification, verification or classification bodies
A detailed certification and classification table is provided in section 4.12, mapping compliance with international certification standards and classification rules.
Note : for complementary details on SBM Offshore’s approach towards Operational Excellence, refer also to section 2.1.3.